Search my Blog...

Saturday 3 December 2011

Adapting the 'Science Boys' Idea

As me and Kirsty said one of the genres we were looking at was teen-comedy and one our initial idea which we also used in our continuity project was the idea of 'Science Boys'. With a bit of advice, I've looked at the opening sequence of the film Trainspotting (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Naf_WiEb9Qs , excuse the swearing!) and I really like the part with freezeframes on the characters to introduce them. i also like how at the time, it was quite contreversial and showed something which was topical but from a different angle. Also, there are only four main characters shown in this clip which is good as it shos a limited cast can still be affective. I also love the idea of using a voice over and music over the action as I beleive this will give us a better sound for our final project as previously we have really struggled with the sound appearing too amateur.

Our initial 'Science Boys' idea was set around the concept of a group of nerdy friends being ain detention, but because of a science experiemnt gone wrong. We wanted to show what British schools are really like and this gave us a great group to represnt and some stereotypes we could include. I'm going to look at some more similar films over the weekend to give me more ideas on what sort of film me and Kirsty could make.

At the moment, I'm keen to develop the 'Science Boys' concept to something much, much better than our continuty project which is slightly indie with an edge....

No comments:

Post a Comment